Tuesday, May 7, 2013

2 Tips to Survive Finals

AHH! Finals are quickly approaching! The panic of having what feels like a million tests and projects at once is extremely stressful. I remember finals' week in college being an absolute nightmare.

Unfortunately, stressful weeks do not end when you graduate college. However, college is the perfect place to not only learn how to survive them, but also learn how to be successful during them.

As you know from my last post, I got married about a month ago! Describing the weeks leading up to my wedding as stressful is a bit of an understatement.

To add to that stress, the week we returned from our honeymoon was one of the busiest weeks of the year for the marketing and communications department at SCC. That Saturday, April 27, was our annual RUN. LIVE. LEARN. race, so there was a lot to do the week before race day.

I have good news. I survived those weeks of stress and you will too! Just remember to plan ahead and keep your eye on the prize.

Plan ahead:

In my case, I made sure wedding details were taken care of months in advance, so there was less to worry about as the day approached. I also planned ahead at work. I took care of everything I could before I left for my honeymoon, so that when I returned I would not be so behind.

For studying, the same rules apply. Start as early as possible. Try to start studying at least two weeks in advance. Study a chapter each night until you have made it through all the material. Look at your calendar and see how many days that will take you. Then, plan for several 'review' days right before the test.

Keep your eye on the prize:

What came after weeks of planning and stressing about a wedding? The best day of my life!!

www.PhotosbyLoria.com
What comes after finals? Summer! And your hard work from studying will pay off when you get the grades you want. Remember, this is only a couple weeks of studying. It is not going to last forever. Stay focused.

There is only a week until finals start, so get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet