Friday, October 25, 2013

Live in the Moment

TGIF. I'm sure you've heard the saying. Thank God it's Friday. And no doubt, as you read this post, you are thinking just that. Yay. It's Friday! I've been looking forward to this day all week.

As part of my job, I get to spend time on Pinterest. I pin things that students might find interesting. I know ... it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

One of the boards that St. Charles Community College has is titled Inspirational Quotes. While looking for some words of wisdom to help motivate students, I stumbled upon one quote that really made me stop and think.

"People wait all week for Friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

That is a pretty powerful message. If we spend all of our lives thinking that tomorrow will be a better day than today, we miss out on a lifetime of happiness.

I sure don't want to live that way. Next time you think, I can't wait for Friday, consider what you are really doing. You're overlooking all the great things that are happing on that day, in that moment.

Photo credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/286963807479717413/

2 comments:

1. There is a tide in the affairs of men
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat;
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose the ventures before us.

– William Shakespeare

ReplyDelete
  2. Essay composing could be a smart professional job currently each day. that's why we tend to latterly extending a enterprise with this cheap essay writer service. we are {able to} able to provide price exclusive essay however if you need to urge theme redaction services, we tend to are literally able to assist you this service.

ReplyDelete

Tweet