Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tips for college students on surviving the weeks between spring break and summer

Spring break has come and gone.

The weather is getting nicer, and summer is right around the corner.

I remember this time of year from college like it was yesterday. I loved being outside with my friends, and I dreaded the hours I had to spend inside studying for projects and finals.

Here are several tips that might help you get through the upcoming weeks:

1.  Don't let the warmer weather become a distraction.

"Even though the weather is going to get nice, it is important to keep focused and persistent with reading, studying and assignments through the end of the semester," said Sylvia B. Malta, associate professor at SCC.

2.  Remember all the work you've already put in.

Don't forget all the hours you've already spent studying, writing papers and working on group projects. "A short study break on a beautiful spring afternoon is okay, but blowing off an entire day is waste of time and all the effort already put forth so far in the term," said Malta.

3.  Calculate your grades in all your classes

It is important to know where your grades are so you can prioritize studying as the end of the semester gets closer. If you can't do this on your own work with your professor. They will be happy to help (as long as you don't ask the week before finals).

Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet