Friday, May 16, 2014

You graduated. Now what?

You did it!

You put in the hard work, and now you get to walk across the stage and get your degree.

It's such an important moment. It might even be the best day of your life.

But it happens so fast. At the end of the day, you might be left thinking now what?

I remember graduation feeling like a whirlwind. In the blink of an eye, I didn't get to spend a few hours a day in classes and the rest of my time doing whatever I wanted.

I became solely responsbile for myself. No more teachers or parents to guide me. (Okay, I still look to my parents for advice, but you know what I mean.)

Hello, real world! You know the Paramore song Ain't It Fun? Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

Here are some tips that might just help ease the transition:

1.  Remember your friends. 

Don't let your college friends drift away. Whether you're transferring to a four-year university or working a full time job, stay in touch with the people you've built relationships with during your time in college. Life is all about who you share it with.

2.  Don't stop learning. 

You can always afford to keep learning. Look at everything as a learning opportunity. It will make you a better student at a four-year university or a better employee at your new job.

3.  Live within your means. 

I know, I know, getting that first paycheck is awesome! It can be tempting to spoil yourself and spend it all in one place. Don't. Budget your hard earned money and plan for the future. Of course, you can splurge every once and a while.

Congratulations and good luck!

1 comment:

1. term paper writing may even be a ramification or associate art that is in associate degree extremely position to be become versatile at. Trial and looms, devices and ways in which may even be accomplished at, clever and ideal. this implies to high that talent essay review service. To furnish loan a hand to our booklovers essay composing service is routinely equipped up. to come back back back back by any in sequence delight keep shut or connect with North yank nation.

ReplyDelete

Tweet